Friday, March 20, 2009

Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale

The dog's name on the label is Olive, but he's a brown dog. Anyway, this is a dark ale with more alcohol in it than a typical beer. It's thicker and heavier than most ales, as well. Although there aren't hints of sour or overbearing bitterness, this is not a light beer in texture or flavor. I found it hard to drink more than one in a sitting because of the alcohol content and the taste of it did not match well with the foods I was eating. I would probably only drink this after dinner since the alcohol and flavor was overbearing towards food. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy a single to try and ended up with six. There's still one floating in the fridge and because of the higher alcohol content and the awkward pairing with foods I like, I'm not inspired to drink them.

No comments: