Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Before the Winter is done for, I'd have to put this up and write a bit about it. I'm a big fan of Brooklyn brews not only because they're local, but they're different in taste than a lot of other beers I've come across. The Black Chocolate Stout pours out dark like ink, like a hefty stout, and I could smell the burnt and roasted chocolate grits just by hovering over the glass. Unfortunately, that burnt smell is what it tastes like: bitter with obvious hints of burnt bits. I really wanted to like this, but it just wasn't very good to drink more than a few sips of. As for acquiring that taste for it, I just couldn't, half a glass later, it was still not palatable. Unless someone likes espresso flavored beer, this isn't something I'd recommend trying.

No comments: