Saturday, March 7, 2009

Butternuts Farmhouse Ale Porkslap Pale Ale

Wow, I can't believe it is March already. Where has all the time gone? I hope I'm making some good progress with everything I'm trying to get completed. As I'm going along with the entries, I'm trying to be as open as possible about trying the styles of beers that don't appeal to me as much. After all, I can't confirm I don't like it unless I try them.

The Butternuts pale ale is pretty good, it's not too thin compared to their stout and definitely isn't overcarbonated. This is an easy sipper, I would say it is relatively light, easy on the bitterness, and goes pretty good with just about any type of food. Now, the can design is a hit or a miss for people I gather. I'm not sure how many people would want to try a can of Porkslap Pale Ale but it's worth trying for folks who enjoy ales that aren't hop-bombs.

No comments: