Sunday, September 27, 2009

Duchy Originals Organic English Ale

The brand of this ale sounds dirty almost but it's really just organic goodness. There's something about the water I'm going to say with these organic brews, they always have this crisp taste to it not found in non-organic brews it seems. I don't have any proof of this, but all the organic ales, pale ales, and the like all have this similarity to them. This is a good English ale to try, I like the weight of it and it is not overly carbonated. I can taste some bit of citrus with a really pleasant sweet aftertaste.

These types of brews are pretty hard to come by without really searching specialty shops for. I'm sure overseas where they are local, they probably come in cans or smaller bottles. It's hard to commit to those giant bottles without knowing what awaits inside. I've gone and dumped a few bottles right down the drain after taking a sip, a gulp, followed by another sip to realize acquiring a taste for it would not be much fun. For the most part, I've gotten some good ones without too much hesitation, I'd easy count this as a good buy.

No comments: