Saturday, February 21, 2009

Young's Double Chocolate Stout

I've seen this bottle many times over but was not a big chocolate fan, well, not enough to drink over a pint of it. I settled on getting one as a dessert type of beer and I think dessert would have been an understatement. This beer is thick and creamy, like there was a chocolate bar blended right into it. There is no bitterness in this one, it goes down easy, and there's no gritty aftertaste. I could easily say this was a full on meal and if it was socially acceptable, you can trade this for a Nutrament drink. Young's isn't domestic but I've seen it pretty frequently in a lot of stores, it's worth trying for chocolate fans.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I enjoy one of these every now and then, and they are easy to come by. Last time I picked one up at Trader Joe's and drank it alongside some cheesecake like a true fat boy.

Amateur said...

You're right, these were pretty easy to come by that I held off for a long while in trying one.

Do you know how this compares to Rogue's Chocolate Stout? I really dig those Rogue bottles but it's a lot of beer at once if it's really not a good one.

I don't know about eating this with cheesecake, it may be hard to move afterwards.