Saturday, January 10, 2009

Goose Island India Pale Ale

Being from the northeast and all, I don't know any breweries coming from Illinois but I read something about Goose Island and had to give it a shot. This one smells good, I mean I know it seems weird to smell the bottle once you open it, but if it's going to be bitter and rancid, you'll know right away before it hits your tongue. This one packs a lot of flavor into one beer, there is not a whole lot of carbonation but enough to keep it not tasting too flat, and it's certainly not a beer for folks who do not like the taste of hops. After just having one, this beer left my mouth incredibly dry, like I have eaten a bag of cottonballs. I thought I was losing my mind and continued to drink glasses upon glasses of water to try to get it evened out. I gave it a rest and days later tried it again, same result. As much as I want to like this beer, the aftereffects are not desirable and I can't imagine drinking more than one of these in one sitting because of it.

No comments: