Monday, January 5, 2009

Crumbs Cappuccino Cupcake


This post does not feature a beer, but this was a treat, much like a beer. Like beer, cupcakes can be awful, too much of something, not enough of something else, and sometimes pretty amazing. Pardon my paperbag handling, things will get smushed, do not trust me to deliver any cakes, especially wedding cakes.

After having a margarita warming my belly after dinner, I walked past this bakery and knew I had to pick something up. There was something appealing about the simple slogan, "Made by hand. Baked with Love.", and how neatly arranged the cupcakes were. It was a bit difficult to choose which one, there were quite a number of flavors I wanted to try. But I like to roll the dice quick, so I went with something safe, it's pretty rare a bakery makes a mess of chocolate stuff. I got the chocolate cupcake with cappuccino frosting and chocolate chips on top. The inside was filled with some frosting as well, nice little touch, a pretty good cupcake from a bakery I've never heard of.

No comments: