Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wells Banana Nut Bread Beer

I saw this beer and didn't know what to make of it. It seemed like a one or zero type of thing. This would either taste like baked rotten bananas shoved in a bottle or turn out to be pretty good. I knew what I was getting into when I bought this, I'm a big fan of banana nut bread and muffins, but in a beer - that's new territory for me. When I opened the bottle, the smell of bananas was pretty strong but not in a sickening way. I had a few sips and slowly did taste the whole banana essence. It was pleasant in a strange way and I'm not a fan of too many fruit infused beers. This was a taller bottle than the sixer type of bottles so about slightly half of a glass later, I was over it. I think this is a good one to try, Wells does it right with the combination of flavor and balance of how strong it should taste.

No comments: